Due to the COVID 19 confinement all meetings of the Business Lab are cancelled until further notice. Please use Pangloss Slack for all matters concerning the Business Lab.
The Business Lab facilitates connecting individuals seeking business and growth opportunities. This laboratory has tools and methodologies for management, sales, marketing, profile building, effective project presentation, and focuses on agile, disruptive and fast growth strategies.
Within the Business Lab, several projects supporting businesses are being developed, notably in the form of orientation panels and conferences.
Business Lab – Resources
- Its leaders and participants derive from the pool of members of the association Pangloss Labs.
- The Business Lab as part of Pangloss Labs has access to its resources like the Fablab, the Co-working space, its conference rooms and its communication tools.
- The Business Lab is one of the various virtual laboratories (“Labs”) of the Pangloss Labs. It has easy access to subject-specific networks through this connection.
- Competences relating to the creation and operation of a business.
Business Lab – Open meetings
Every second Tuesday of the month at 18h30 at Pangloss Labs, Zebra room.
Our meetings are genuine Living Labs where one can present and discuss one’s ideas and projects. The mix of project leaders, experienced people and people simply interested, has the capacity to produce useful and inspiring answers.
Business Lab – Participants
Only participants with a Pangloss profile in English are shown.
Business Lab – Tools
- The web pages of Pangloss Labs are available for the presentation of the activities of the Business Lab and those of its members.
- All members of Pangloss Labs have the option to publishing a personal profile.
Pangloss Labs member profiles : https://panglosslabs.org/member/
- The project people may present their project on the Pangloss Labs website as well.
WWW project pages : https://panglosslabs.org/project_cat/business-lab/
- What’s more, she has at her disposal all Pangloss Labs tools such as Slack for internal communication, and Google Drive for sharing documents.
Pangloss Slack : https://panglosslabs.slack.com/
Bilingual Business Model Canvas
A Business Model Canvas is a strategic template for developing business scenarios. We wanted to have a large version of the Business Model Canvas up on the wall of the lab, but around here it had to be in at least English and French. We created this and have made it available as a Creative Commons licensed download : Bilingual Business Model Canvas
Project Maturity Level
The Business Lab defines stages in the evolution of a project from the first idea to the creation of a company. Projects are classified according to their maturity in “Project Maturity Levels”. This method of assigning some kind of maturity to a particular project is based on its readiness to operate successfully from a perspective of management. The purpose of this classification is to offer, for each level and as needed, appropriate assistance and services. A pitch to a Panel of members of the Business Lab Panel can speed up the identification of maturity and need. → Maturity Levels
Financial Forcasting Template
The Business Lab suggests using a spreadsheet tool for building a financial simulation of a contemplated business. Members of the Business Lab have had good experience with FISY by Remi Berthier (https://www.fisy.fr/). An example of such a financial simulation is available on request from our focal person. : Jean-Laurent FERVEL
It is also possible to get personalized training in financial mathematics and in using spreadsheets (EXCEL) from members of the Business Lab.